Famed WWE Wrestler Joseph Laurinaitis, AKA Road Warrior Animal, Dead at 60

WOW I remember watching these guys live as a kid in person a few times, and on TV hundreds of times… “Animal & Hawk” “The Legion of Doom” or also known as “The Road Warriors” are one of the most iconic wrestling tag team duo in the history of sports entertainment pro wrestling. The last living member WWE Hall of Fame wrestler Joseph Laurinaitis, AKA Road Warrior Animal, has passed away at the age of 60. According to reports, Laurinaitis died of natural causes at Tan-Tar-A Resort in Osage Beach, MO. Laurinaitis’ wife called police on Tuesday (September 22) around 11:49 pm, and he was pronounced dead by emergency officials when they arrived on the scene. As you can imagine his son and the former NFL star James Laurinaitis is heartbroken over his dad’s death saying… ‘I’m Absolutely Crushed.’ He continued “I hate that I wasn’t able to say goodbye,” Laurinaitis said … “I miss you already.” James a 2nd-round pick in the 2009 NFL Draft was close to his wrestling legend dad … and often spoke about how Road Warrior Animal helped mold him into a special football player.
Laurinaitis shared pictures of the two together in his post … and added, “I don’t have the right words to say.”


“Say hello to Mum Mum, Pop Pop, and Hawk for me. Thank you for your love and support and the many lessons you’ve taught me. I can’t believe you’re gone. I love you Dad.”

Hulk Hogan reacted to the news in a statement that reads, “RIP Animal,love you my brother. I know you and Hawk have a lot of unfinished business to take care of! God speed and blessings to your beautiful family, one love4Life.”

Hogan was referring to Animal’s The Road Warriors/Legion of Doom tag team partner Road Warrior Hawk, who died from a heart attack in 2003.

Joseph is survived by his wife Kathy and his three children, Jessica, Joseph, and James.

My deepest condolences to him, and his family… Rest in Peace!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.