DINGER!!! WHERE IS THE DINGER!!!!

I can see where this could happen easily, and it’s actually pretty funny but for like a day or so the entire nation was angry at the Colorado fans for having someone utter a racial slur! Well hold up folks not so fast. Whie Lewis Brinson an Outfielder for the Miami Marins was at bat you could hear what sounded like the dreeded “N” word and I don’t mean “NERDS” even tho nobody wants to be called that either.

Lewis Brinson was at bat when the yelling could be heard and so the world of Twitter, and FakeBook went crazy with all sorts of conspiricies to well wishes to Lewis Brinson for having to endur such horrible behavior. Well there is a side to this story that needs to be told as the case has been now solved, and yes. DEBUNKED!


Earlier in the day, the Rockies announced that after a thorough investigation that included calls, e-mails and video clips from fans, media and broadcast partners, the club concluded the fan was instead yelling for Dinger, Colorado’s mascot and not the horrible slur. Now might be time to change the name of the Mascot. LOL Lewis Brinson, who said he didn’t hear the shouts during his ninth-inning at-bat, was told postgame on Sunday what was initially thought to be said.

“My initial reaction I was upset,” Brinson said. “Nobody wants to be called that. It’s a disrespectful, disgusting word that belittles my people, Black people, and it’s a disgusting word and nobody wants to hear it. So my initial reaction I was upset, and disgusted. I was in shock, one. Again, I didn’t hear it initially, but definitely initial reaction was upset, shocked.”

An active member of The Players Alliance, Brinson said he has watched the video at least 50 times and thought he heard the slur upon reviewing the original footage that surfaced saying “It’s not that I want to hear it. I never want to hear that word,” Brinson said. “I haven’t talked to the Rockies, I haven’t talked to that fan personally, but if that’s the case [that he didn’t say it], then I’m sorry for any backlash or anything that he’s getting right now. I’m getting a lot of love and support on Instagram and I’m sure on Twitter, and I appreciate that wholeheartedly 100 percent.

“But again, I’m a human. I have sympathy. If he was yelling for the mascot, I am sorry for any backlash or any unnecessary attention that he’s getting right now. But that doesn’t [take away from the fact] that this does happen in our game. I don’t know if a lot of people know this, again, personally I’ve never been called that on the baseball field or off the baseball field, but I know a lot of Black players have, and it’s disgusting, and it needs to stop like right now. There’s no place for that in sports, there’s no place for that in life. I just don’t want to have that situation thrown under the rug. Like I said, it does happen.

“I do get maybe once a month called the n-word on Instagram by cowards. They don’t show their face, they don’t tag themselves on the initial post, or the DM that they send me, but I do get it at least once, maybe twice a month, and I know a lot of Black players maybe get a little bit more. We do get called the n-word on social media, and it’s disgusting. We see it, try to block it out, but it’s a disgusting and degrading word and it brings nothing but hate, and just disgustingness and cowardliness. But there’s no place for it.”

Marlins bench coach James Rowson, who is filling in as manager while Don Mattingly recovers from COVID-19, echoed many of Brinson’s sentiments, and said he appreciate the dialogue that has come as a result.

“You give the Rockies credit for doing their due diligence on it,” said Rowson, who is Black. “But in talking to Lew, and just in general to so many Black players and coaches throughout the league and throughout the years that have gone through this, I think you don’t want to lose sight that this is a real thing and it happens.

“I thought it was really good to get people talking about it and saying, ‘Hey, I don’t think that was right,’ because I think if we moved back many years ago, it would have just been kind of swept under the rug, but the fact that we’re talking about what we thought happened is important … I think silence is the biggest enemy here.”

No comments

Powered by Blogger.