Trump Explains 'Ron DeSanctimonious' Nickname for Ron DeSantis


My favorite Former President Donald Trump finally explained why he calls Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, his 2024 GOP presidential primary rival, as "Ron DeSanctimonious." Trump, who has also repeatedly called the Republican Gov. "Ron DeSanctus" along with a good one I like "Meatball Ron," but he finally explained the "DeSanctimonious" nickname during a Fox News interview that aired recently.

The former 45 also took credit for DeSantis' 2018 Florida gubernatorial election victory, while telling host Bret Baier that he used the derogatory moniker because the governor had shown that he was "disloyal" by deciding to challenge him for the presidency. To be honest I didn't know who DeSantis was until Trump endorsed him and only voted for him BASED on Trumps endorsement. This is why I'm with Trump on this one. Ron needs to wait until 2028.

"I got him elected and I thought it was very disloyal when he said 'yes, I'd run," Trump said. "I got him past two races. I got him past the primary because he was losing by 30 points or more ... It's a loyalty [question], I'm a big loyalist." AS I am Mr President "Some people say ... loyalty doesn't mean anything in politics," he continued. "I say, 'to me, it does.' I got the guy elected. He came to see me, let's say weeping, because he was dead ... As soon as I endorsed him, he won the primary, it was over." Like I stated I AM Proof of this claim.

The Merriam-Webster online dictionary defines "sanctimonious" as "hypocritically pious or devout."

Trump, who remains the GOP frontrunner despite facing federal and state felony criminal trials, went on to suggest that DeSantis should have dropped plans to run against him in the 2024 election "just out of respect."

Newsweek has reached out to the DeSantis campaign via its website for comment.

DeSantis, who is likely aware of the ex-president's continued popularity among Republicans, has been reticent to engage with Trump's rhetoric directly since announcing his intention to challenge him in 2024. However, the governor did address the ex-president's most frequent nickname for him before officially announcing his candidacy, saying, "I kind of like it," during a Piers Morgan interview in March. "I don't know how to spell DeSanctimonious," DeSantis said. "I don't really know what it means but, you know, I kind of like it. It's long. It's got a lot of vowels. I mean, we'd go with that. That's fine." So he just told the world he likes being disloyal? hmmm

"You know, you can call me whatever you want," he added. "I mean, just as long as you also call me a winner." The governor's wife, Casey DeSantis, has also recently been handed the nickname "Walmart Melania" a reference to former first lady Melania Trump by critics that include some Trump supporters. HAHA I have not heard this one myself but that's was hilarious. "Walmart Melania" LMAO!

Trump himself has not publicly referred to Casey DeSantis with the nickname, the former president has a long history of using derogatory nicknames to refer to his political opponents, including former allies who have since turned against him.

Last month, Trump referred to his former White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany as "milktoast" an apparent misspelling of "milquetoast," a jab for a timid or bland person after she suggested that the Florida governor could be "closing the gap" in Iowa's GOP primary race.

Now this is what that means I guess.... 
"Etymology. From the character Caspar Milquetoast of the comic strip The Timid Soul, created by American cartoonist Harold Tucker Webster (1885–1952) and first published in 1924; the character was named after the American dish milk toast (“a food consisting of toasted bread in warm milk”)"

Trump also repeated an attack line that he has used against a significant number of his Republican critics during his attack on McEnany, calling her a "RINO," or "Republican in name only." I like her not just in looks but she was his Press Secretary for a bit so I don't know much about this one I have to look into why they beefing. Might be perhaps cause she's endorsed "DeSanctimonious" ? Don't know but if I get more information on this one I'll post on it. Either way I wonder why Ron likes the nickname?

IS He admitting that he's well not a Loyal dude? 
Now let me be clear here I mean I would vote for him DeSantis in 2028 Just NOT in 2024 because... Well... I sorta... Kind off... YES!




No comments

Powered by Blogger.